The New Zealand Herald has analysed the 1891 census to see what jobs women did during the suffrage movement and compared the results to the latest census in 2013
- Adult women implies women 15 years old and above.
- 48% differs from Statistics New Zealand's employment rate. It is simply the percentage of women in paid work out of the total population of women 15 years old and above.
- Data was released by Statistics NZ
- 1891 Census
- 2013: Statistics NZ provided the New Zealand Herald with a custom extract
- The 1891 census did not record the occupations of Māori, so the counts for 1891 refer only to non-Māori.