Explore the profit and CEO's salaries of New Zealand's top 50 listed companies
Data visualisation: Caleb Tutty
Notes on methodology:
- Currency conversion rates: A$0.93 and US$0.68
- Previous year’s pay in foreign currency re-calculated with new conversion rates.
- Average pay and percentage changes calculated where data was available for both years.
- Some companies were excluded from calculations if the timing of appointments unduly affected results.
- Unless specifically declared,the top paid employee was assumed to be the chief executive.
- Situations where there is no specific declaration are marked with the comment “one employee earns”. Where earnings for an unspecified employee were declared in a band the upper limit was used.
- Remuneration data is based on obvious declared earnings including base, bonus, performance, relevant share options and pensions in the year they were paid.